With your immense generosity, UC Hastings has raised $119,035 on #GivingTuesday 2016! It is because of your generosity, and the generosity of the UC Hastings family, that our $50,000 goal was met and DOUBLED! Thank YOU!
Now in its fifth year, #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Observed on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.), November 29th, and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
Thanks to faculty, staff, students, alumni, family and friends who made gifts last year. With your support, our results were outstanding, with just over 80 gifts and $30,000 raised. That’s a 3x increase over our first #GivingTuesday effort the previous year! This year we have a hefty goal of reaching $50,000!
The Opportunity Your Gift Helps Create:
- Engage the best students and enable them to make careers choices without the pressures of debt
- Attract and retain outstanding faculty
- Enrich the student experience and offer more of the practical-skills training that is UC Hastings’ signature—and that is essential to success in competitive industries shaped by law
- Prepare students to excel in a world in which law is practiced globally and supports innovation worldwide
- Advance emerging fields in law with programs that prepare students to seize opportunity
Some examples of gifts given on #GivingTuesday include:
- The UC Hastings Fund
- Hastings Public Interest Law Foundation (HPILF) Summer Grants;
- Lunches to grads taking the Cal Bar Exam via The Cal Bar Lunch Program; and
- Matching gifts for the Student Giving Campaign.
- The UC Hastings Building and Brick Campaign (note: gifts of $500 or more qualify for personalized bricks)